Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday - another step

Weather is cooperating. We have light trade winds and the terrible humidity has lifted. So, I challenged myself to a new walk - walked to the traffic light at Kailua Rd and Wa'anao, and then beyond that to the first corner. The sun wasn't up yet and the air was deliciously cool and comfortable. I think that must be about the same distance as to Hamakua Dr., only more interesting as it doesn't lead through the condo neighborhood.

And then, to get away from Sachi vacuuming and scrubbing the downstairs bathroom, I drove to Don Quijote and got the ingredients for a chicken stew. I used my folding cart - it's great. A bit heavy, but sturdy and flexible. Finally found it at Fisher of Hawaii after every conceivable place on the windward side told me that they didn't carry them.

Ran into Auntie Mele and two of her sisters at Don Q.

I've got to do my shoulder exercises, but am trying to decide whether to take some Tylenol first. I'm feeling wonky, a little light headed, achy. But, last night, Halloween night I was wakened by the sound of a woman vomiting out in the courtyard garden - it was loud and violent, and I knew that I couldn't be the only person hearing it. I wanted to go to the window and scream, "Stop it!" But, that would have been mean. I wondered if anyone was going to do anything. If she was going to do anything -- well, obviously, she couldn't. Then, two men's voices called out. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I think something like, "hang on, we'll be right there.' Yes, it was the people next door, Sean and his bull-horn father and the crazy girl. She has to share all of her most intimate moments with the whole world - sex or retching. Anyway, they nipped down to the garden and brought her back upstairs and took her into their apartment. Who knows what was going on.
But, another night of interrupted sleep. Maybe that's why I'm so washed out.

But, two good walking sessions - on the road and in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment