Monday, November 2, 2009

Best Foot Forward

Did something this morning that I've thought about for at least a month. I walked to the Safeway store, bought the Honolulu Advertiser and walked home. Like many other efforts, I somehow thought that I would be incapable of this. But, I wasn't. I've walked up to Hamakua Dr. several times, and from the corner of Hamakua and Aoloa it's only another 50 yards to the Safeway.

I really couldn't have done this a few weeks ago because I wouldn't have been able to carry the paper. I would have needed my right hand for the cane, and I wouldn't have been able to bear the weight of even a light newspaper with my left hand/arm. But, I'm much stronger now.

Getting stronger every day.

But, light-headed and funny-feeling this morning. Again, poor sleep may be the problem. Cat starts meowing and growling around 3:00 a.m., and I can't figure out why and so can't stop him.

No comments:

Post a Comment